Hat tip to Geek Feminism for the links:
- Ellen Pao Speaks: ‘I Am Now Moving On’ Ellen Pao writes about the bad in Diversity & Inclusion today, including:
- issues with legal assumptions about discrimination, that do not reflect today's implicit biases
- the financial costs of being a plaintiff, and the severe inequality of resources for a case like hers
- Quote: "I have a request for all companies: Please don’t try to silence employees who raise discrimination and harassment concerns. Instead allow balanced and complete perspectives to come out publicly so we can all learn and improve."
- Insurance and Feelings a Slack employee writes about a company that is successfully including everybody.
- "even in the rough bits, I still feel like I’m ok to be myself. I still feel like I’m part of the team. I still don’t feel like I’m different. I still feel like I belong."
- "One [catchphrase]though, is pretty demonstrative of what I think makes Slack feel good to me: “We’re all in this together.”"