Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Look, I'm still around

As promised, here's some of the songs that help me to feel better.



This one, I don't actually own a copy of yet.  I mostly heard it on the radio.  But I could imagine being serenaded with this:
Next time I find an album with it, I am buying it!  I checked iTunes, it only had covers.

A childhood favorite, and an anthem for non-conformists:


"Would I have followed down my chosen road?  Or only wished what I could be?"


This is definitely one of my pick-me-up songs, but I couldn't resist this particular video:




I posted this before, but it bears repeating.  "Feel the rain on your skin.  No one else can feel it for you, only you can let it in.  No one else, no one else can speak the words on your lips.  Drench yourself in words unspoken, live your life with arms wide open..."


Here's one where I prefer the original to the Glee cover.  That doesn't happen very often.


I liked P!nk's version on the radio well enough, but the video doesn't fit me well.  And I like the Glee version a lot, too.

I bought an iTunes gift card for Christmas, to pick up some more music.  And when it came down to my last dollar, I picked Darren Criss:


I'll finish with another repeat, I posted this around New Years:


This is not everything.  For perspectives sake, the angst playlist is at 13 songs and is relatively complete.  My pick-me-up playlist is at 20 songs, and growing regularly.  Also, this is pretty much all pop.  It doesn't include my favorite Broadway songs, instrumental pieces, novelty, filk, ballads, world music...

No comments:

Post a Comment